Saturday, September 19, 2015

It's the little things - Answered Prayers

Sometimes God answers yes when I pray
 Sometimes God answers wait when I pray
 Sometimes God answer no, just because He loves me so
 But I know He always answers when I pray

One of the things that encourages me the most are God's answers to my prayers - often the smallest things. (Note: There are so many more of these, but I just didn't feel like driving myself up a wall trying to putting all into words - writing isn't all that easy, you know:)) 

A few weeks ago, we were volunteering at a Christian organization that processes and ships food to places in need. One of the ways they do it is to sun-dry peaches that are donated to them. We had so much fun helping them process the fruit while we were there. One of the tasks we did was to stack the large trays of dried peaches that sat in the sun. It was a physically exerting task, but I thoroughly enjoyed it... except for one factor. The same sun that dried the peaches so quickly was also drenching me in sweat. On one of these occasions, I prayed that God would send a breeze to lower the temperature. And just like that, a gentle wind immediately blew through the field. I had half-expected it, but it still took me by surprise. I was awed, and just thinking about that incident gave me a great dose of encouragement for days afterward.

Another one of those answered prayers happened a couple days ago, when my Dad and I were on the road. We had just begun to notice the rain clouds darkening the morning sky. For those of you who don't know, rain is a rare, albeit very needed thing in the summer months where we live. At this point my Dad and I were about a hour's drive away from home. I knew that if it was raining where we were then (and it was not), it was likely to be still as sunny as ever where we lived. Although I must confess that my faith was nearly non-existent, I still shot up a prayer and asked God to send rain to our hometown.

Much later that day, we finished the day's activities and headed back home. I was elated to find that thick clouds had gathered over out yard. Though I knew that these clouds weren't exactly promising, I was satisfied that enough of these fluffy-looking things had gathered to darken the sky.

I had almost forgotten my prayer that morning when someone yelled, "It's raining!" 

Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not. -Jeremiah 33:3  

1 comment:

  1. It is very encouraging when God answers our prayers! The Jeremiah verse ties in nicely with your blog entry.:)
    -Victoria

    ReplyDelete